Dec 4, 2020 4:45 PM
In this podcast recorded at QCon San Francisco 2019, Shane Hastie, Lead Editor for Culture & Methods, spoke to Aaron Blohowiak of Netflix about using a framework for delegation to encourage ownership and engagement among team members.
- There is often a mismatch in expectations when looking to delegate ownership and responsibility in teams
- A framework for delegation moves it away from being uncertain and unclear towards explicit clarity
- The level of ownership that is delegated is situation and context dependent
- Being explicit about when the level of delegation changes is vitally important for getting the results that you want and for the emotional wellbeing of the people that you're delegating to
- When you hire really smart people, set very good context and you give them the information they need, they will make great decisions
Volterra provides a distributed cloud platform to deploy, connect, secure and operate apps and data across multiple clouds and edge sites. Volterra's global app-to-app network allows you to secure cloud apps and offload the most critical workloads closer to end users for extreme performance. Learn more at volterra.io.